Thursday, June 24, 2010

Welcome to Georgia

It's official. There's no turning back now. :) After 9 hours of flying I finally made it to Atlanta. I have the whole day to catch up on sleep until my pre-orientation, which begins tomorrow. Our meetings will be from 12pm-7pm straight. Then on Saturday, we are checking out of the hotel at 11am and heading to the airport. My flight departs at 7:25 pm for Johannesburg. It's a straight 16 hour flight. whoohoo. From what I am told, we are spending the night in a hotel within the Johannesburg airport (which really sucks). I was hoping we would be able to check out some of the stadiums where the World Cup is playing. I guess I can't complain. I will be in the city at the time of the World Cup. That alone will be incredible! Then, I depart Johannesburg at 6:50 am for an hour long flight for Manzini, Swaziland!

According to the latest email I have received it says, "We recommend you help your family and friends in the U.S. to set low expectations about how often you'll be able to call or e-mail them, particularly during training, as you will not have access to a cell phone until mid-way and Ngonini Lutheran Farmer's Training Centre does not have Internet access". haha. YES! So, guys, I hope you like hand writing letters. You will be my new pen pals for the next few years. I'm not sure when my next opportunity will be to use the Internet, so until next time, A HUI HOU. God Bless you all and thank you for being such great and supportive friends and family.

Aloha,

Shauna

2 comments:

  1. Best of luck Shauna!! Hope you have smooth sailing for your trip. You're the best. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Christa!! I love you, and I'm going to miss you! And Congratulations on the job as well!! I'm proud of you :)

    ReplyDelete