Friday, July 9, 2010

Bored? Finish a Project

It's been 2 weeks and I've finally got access to the internet. Hallelujah! Only to find mass emails from insurance companies, and loan lenders all wanting money. It feels good to be out of the U.S. and NOT have to deal with my financial obligations (Thank you mom and dad). :)

A brief update: I live in my own hut. There are 37 volunteers and almost all have electricity. I am the exception. I read and write by candlelight. I bucket-bathe at night and hand wash all of my clothes. I dance to Shakira's waka waka song with my bo-sisi every night. I am learning to cook this week and have learned how to "find our cow". Chickens like to hang out in my hut with me. I am also supposed to be home right now (as it is near sunset and I am still far away-). I guess that is my cue to leave. So until next time. Love you all. <3

My favorite quotes of the week:

If you are bored, take your teacup somewhere.

Bored? Finish a project.
Angry? Go ride your bike.
Lonely? Visit a neighbor.
Guilty? Apologize.
Hungry? Eat.

It's just not a toilet seat phenomenon! (In reguards to catching crabs on toilet seats)

No comments:

Post a Comment