Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Pretoria and NGOs

The main objective of going to Pretoria, South Africa was to obtain visas and eat good food. Little did I know how amazing the city actually is! AnnaMae and I spent our days exploring and our nights watching the Olympics, cheering on Pretoria's own Olympic gold medalist, Cameron Van der Burgh!

One day as I applied for a Tanzanian visa I  met this kind South African man. After talking for a bit I found out that him and his wife do amazing work for gassroot organizations. As I have said in previous posts, the BEST kinds of organizations are ones like these where the money donated go straight to the people and projects instead of NGOs and churches who tend to just build something without teaching them how to do it on their own or give free things away and then leave. This specific NGO is called Fathers in Africa and could use some donations. If you have any free time to check them out, please do! http://fathers.co.za/ Any donations will be appreciated and will help the children and their projects greatly.


No comments:

Post a Comment